1. CHAIN LETTERS
The last letter of a correct answer is the first letter of
the next answer. (Includes Q10.-Q1.)
1. What is the fourth book of the Old Testament?
2. In Absolutely Fabulous, What is the surname of the
character Patsy played by Joanna Lumley?
3. What was the Christian name of the
queen consort of England (1154 – 1189) and
also Duchess of Aquitaine?
4.What creatures was the pied piper of Hamlyn asked to
remove from the town?
5.Which son of David built the First Temple in Jerusalem
and was credited with having great wisdom?
6. How many tailors did Dorothy L. Sayers write about in
her novel featuring Lord Peter Wimsey?
7. MDMA (3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine) is commonly
known as what?
8. Which river
runs through Melbourne?
9.What type of word is used to modify a verb?
10.If you took a flight with Virgin starting at Henley on
Thames, in what type of aircraft would you fly?
2. FAMOUS ANIMALS
1. What is the name of the dog that appears on His Masters
2. Who owned the black labrador that was killed on the
evening of the Dam Busters raid?
3. "Blondi" was a German Shepherd that belonged to whom?
4. What is the name of the cat in the Homeward Bound
5. What is the name of the only book written by Anna
6. What is the name of Susan Boyle's cat?
7. What is the name of Tintin's wire haired terrier?
8. What is the name of the lion in the Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
9. What is the name of the baboon/witch doctor from The
10. Who lives in the Hundred Acre Wood?
3. BACKING GROUPS
Name the singer who performed with the backing group:
1. The Dakotas
2. The Medicine Show
3. The Paramount Jazz Band
4. The Destroyers
5. The Silver Bullet Band
6. The Revolution
7. The Union Gap
8. The Sex-O-Lettes
9. The Miracles
10. The Crypt Kickers
Name the tunes or songs (not the performers)
sound is on, and then click on
1. Which is the largest country in the world with only one
2. Situated in Equador, what is the name of the highest
active volcano in the world?
3. In which country is Timbuktu?
4. On which river does Balmoral Castle stand?
5. In which country would you find both the rivers Oder and
Vistula, which flow into the Baltic Sea?
6. If you were to head due west from Land’s End, in what
country would you make landfall?
7. In what country’s territorial waters is Cape Horn?
8. The Isle of Sheppey is part of which English county?
9. What is the modern-day name for Mesopotamia?
10. In which city are the Spanish Steps located?
There are 9 general knowledge questions Q10 will be what
is the connection is between the answers?
1. What is the second book of the New Testament?
2. In Blake’s “Jerusalem”, what are described as “Dark” and
3. What part of a town’s name sounds as if it is on top of
a hill, but actually means it had a market?
4. What was the government of France from July 1940 to
August 1944 led by Marshal Pétain called?
5. From what type of tree do we get conkers?
6. Amnesty International was awarded the 1977 Nobel Peace
Prize for its "campaign against what?
7. What confection was advertised on the basis that part of
it was missing?
8. What sort of Centurion saw service in the British Army
after world war II?
9 Michael Edwards was the first competitor to represent
Great Britain in which Olympic discipline in 1988?
10. What is the connection?